Preparing towards NEP 2020:- The College has been taking concrete initiatives for implementation of NEP2020. Adiscussion on guidelines for engaging Professor of Practice in Universities and College was held on 27th August 2022 where Former Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University Dr. Rajan Velukar was the guest speaker.
A panel discussion on Women Empowerment through NEP 2020 was held on 2nd March 2023 by Women Development Cell wherein noted educationists and activists shared their views.
NAAC Reaccreditation Process ( 4th Cycle):- The College was reaccredited with “A” grade by NAAC in the third cycle in May 2017. The validity of the NAAC accreditation for the college was extended to December 31,2022. The fourth cycle’s NAAC reaccreditation process has begun.Self Study Report (SSR) preparation and submission to NAAC are now underway.
Our College Placement Cell: – Our College has been working hard towards developing good industry – academia relations to ensure placements of students in reputed organizations. Reputed companies like Amazon, L&T Infotech ,IDBI,ICICI Prudential, etc. have come on campus and selected our students for full time placements. A Job Expo was held on 10th March 2023 wherein 15+ companies offered various job positions to students. Our placement process is ongoing and we are proud to say that we have not only placed a lot of students but students who were helped with internships have also converted those internships into full time jobs.
Research Centre:- The College has research centers to provide doctoral degrees in Commerce- Business Policy and Administration and Accountancy. There are 10 research scholars registered and pursuing Ph.D degrees from the College. Four of our Degree college faculty members got guideship from University of Mumbai in the subjects of Commerce & Accountancy.
Infrastructural Developments:- are in full swing with the college getting a new look with the construction of the frontage and renovation of classrooms. It was the need of the hour as the college recently completed its diamond jubilee.
Linkages:- The College not only aims to enrich the academic journey, but also provides an environment to explore and discover the true potential. Understanding the need to prepare students beyond academic excellence, we have constituted the ‘MMK Experience’ – which entails a series of workshops/programmes that aspire to build students’ self-confidence, creativity and entrepreneur skills. It has been our constant endeavour to prepare future graduates and postgraduates for global challenges who could make a meaningful difference in the society hence the college has developed strong linkages with prestigious institutes like ICAI ,CIMA,ACCA,CMA,IMC and BMAwherein student centric seminars and workshops are organized on a continual basis.
International Economics Convention:- Our College team won the 30th International Economics Convention ,a unique initiative of HSNC Board and lifted the coveted Shri Haresh Lakhani Memorial Trophy this year.
Nature Club:- 60 TYBCOM students visited the NATURE CLUB trail at MAHARASHTRA NATURE PARK SOCIETY on 20th August 2022 where they explored different dimensions of mother nature such as Biogas projects, horticulture plants etc.
CAS:- Our college three faculty members are under Professor grade due to timely CAS Promotion and interviews.
The Sindhi Department:- It was formed in our college in 2006.From then, we have been constantly striving to revive the Sindhi language by conducting certificate, diploma, and advanced diploma courses of NCPSL. We also conduct orientation programmes, seminars, and workshops on various occasions. Our Sindhi students have been participating in various intercollegiate competitions. Every year, the Sindhi department takes initiative to observe the ‘Moment of calm’- Forgiveness advocated by Sadhu Vaswani Mission. Sindhi Gaurav Diwas was celebrated on 20th January 2023 wherein noted Sindhi personalities were felicitated for their contribution to the development of Sindhi culture ,tradition and literature. Screening of Sindhi movie Vardaan-2 was a memorable feature of the celebrations.
Add-On Courses:- Certificate Course in GST, Soft Skill Course and Social Media Marketing were conducted this year. Many students took advantage of these Add –On courses.
Social outreach:- To enhance students’ learning opportunities and experiences, the college organizes many activities. The college believes in personality development by incorporating values and life skills. We strive to impart education which suits the needs of business and industry, where fulfilling social responsibility is being increasingly recognized as crucial for the progress of society. With this aim, we have been undertaking outreach activities through NSS, DLLE, Rotaract and various field activities organized by both regular and self-financing courses.
The Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension has been actively engaged in various social outreach activities throughout the year. The DLLE unit aims to reach the unreached and serve the community. Hypertension awareness camp, female hygiene awareness, cleanliness drive, CPR training, career counselling ,Udaan 2023 are some of the highlights of the activities conducted in the second year of DLLE unit in the college.
Through the NSS, some unique initiatives have been taken like conducting seminars on student specific issues, blood donation drive, cleanliness drive ,university level yoga training camp, free health checkup camp, an international project on World without war and violence etc.
Rotract Club:- Seminar on multiple sclerosis,webinar on mental health awareness,asha2.0 and Dholida were organized this year for the benefit of students.
E-waste Collection Drive:- EVS Department conducted E-waste collection drive from 25th Feb 2023 onwards on the college campus.
College Library:- The college library is enriched with a collection of more than 51,000 books and 50 journals and e-resources. It provides a book bank facility to needy B. Com students. The college library conducted an orientation programme for students at the beginning of the academic year. The college library publishes an Elibrary bulletin biannually to update users about library activities. The Virtual Bookshelf on Gandhi Jayanti was arranged. Books Display on Special Days, Book based Xmas Tree during Xmas are other exciting features. In-house Books Exhibition was held in the library on 17 & 18 Jan. 2023.
- The Cultural committee celebrated the 15th August 2022, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav with enthusiasm
- Funkiria, college fest was held in Jan -Feb with programmes such as singing, games etc.
- Sindhi Gaurav Diwas was celebrated where eminent Sindhi personalities were honoured.
- Screening of Sindhi movie Vardaan -2 was a notable feature of the day .Sindhi movie enthusiasts thronged the premises in large numbers.
- The College cultural team won many prizes in inter collegiate events.
Commerce Department:- On 19 December 2022, the Student Council and Department of Commerce Organized an event named ‘Finmerce’. The motive of this event was to boost, enhance and test the knowledge of students in the fields of Finance, Commerce and Economics.
Business Management Department:-
- Aone-day seminar on Teacher to Entrepreneur was conducted on 24th June 2022. Dr. Mandeep Kaur Kochar, Dr. Neelu Verma, Ms. Alifya H. Arsiwalla, and Ms. Rinti Sengupta were the resource persons.
- Academic Tour – A Day in B-school – “FUTURE MBA’s”: A One-day seminar was held at ICFAI Business School, Powai on 6th October’ 22. MMK students were given guidance regarding the MBA course structure and many other aspects related to the course and examination guidance for its entrance/competitive exam.
- A One Day Seminar On Use of time save mathematical tricks for competitive exam was Conducted On 28th Feb 2023.
Business Communication Department:-
- Elocution Competition was organized on 23 rd August 2022 by the Literary and Debating Society and BC Dept
- The Literary and Debating Society and Business Communication Department jointly organized a guest lecture on ‘Professional Etiquette’ on September 28, 2022 . The seminar focused on the importance of etiquette in professional life and ways to improve one’s personality.
- The Literary & Debating Society and Business Communication Department visited the Kalaghoda festival along with students on 11th February 2023. The objectives of this field visit is to enable students to have experiential learning which will open a new horizon and to learn a skill which can be an enriching experience.
- The Book Club -an initiative of the Dept. of Business Communication was inaugurated by budding authors Mr. Sahil Waingankar of TYB.Com and Mr. Anuj Baniya , alumni of the college on 4th March 2023. A Book Review Competition was organized in which students of B. Com and Self finance classes participated with great enthusiasm.
BBI Department: –
- Student Development Program (Seminar) was arranged for Third Year Students on “Personality Development and Soft Skill Training” by Prof. Chitvan Mehrothra on 26th July 2022.
- A series of seminars were organized for BBI Department students to provide them with information about various Career Opportunities available as Banking and Insurance students:
- A Seminar by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) which is the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified accountant qualification was organized on 16th September 2022.
- Seminar was organized by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) on 20th September 2022 to make students aware of the training and qualification required in management accountancy and related subjects in CIMA.
- Seminar was organized on Trade Operation Program, a collaboration between Kotak Mahindra Bank and BANKEDGE, to guide students about an opportunity in Trade Finance Function to source fresh graduates in Kotak Mahindra Bank and about career opportunities in Private Sector Banks on 29th September 2022.
- An Online InvestorAwareness Programme was organized in collaboration with Global Dialogue Foundation on 25th January 2023
- A Workshop was organized for BBI Department students on “Bank Financials from CEO’s Perspective” by an industry expert Mr. Parvez Mulla on 23rd February 2023 to give them practical knowledge about the Analysis of Banks’ Balance Sheets.
- A seminar was arranged for BBI students on Financial Planning by a financial instructor and senior mentor in the Financial Planning academy, Mr. Varad Kulkarni on 9th March, 2023.
BMS Department :-
- On 25 June 2022 a Session on application of global technical analysis (fineco) was held where Speaker: Mr. Nitin Nachnani introduced basic concepts related to technical analysis to the students.
- On 2nd JULY 2022 a Session on Application of Technical Analysis (FINECO) was conducted by Speaker: Dr. Pravin Mokashi.
- On 26 July 2022 a Session on Soft skill training was conducted to provide students with tips to develop a good personality and also they were provided with the knowledge on how they can develop good soft skills.
- On 8TH OCTOBER 2022 a Session on HEALTHY LIFE HEALTHY MIND was conducted where Speaker: Tanvi Trivedi guided students regarding how to handle stress, anxiety and depression. students were also given guidance about importance and ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- On 23rd January 2023 a Session on Entrepreneurship in the Post Pandemic World was held where Speaker: Mr. Gaurav Kothari addressed the students.
BAF Department: –
- BAF students celebrated CAand GSTday.
- Orientation lecture on career options was conducted by CIMA.
- Orientation lecture on career options was conducted by ACCA.
- Student seminar on ‘CAas a career option ‘was done by WIRC of ICAI.
- Student seminar on Journey of IFRS Standards was conducted by Zaher Sayyad.
- TYBAMMC students visited pearl academy on 18th July 2022. The first Session on Filmmaking was with Mr. Viveck Vaswani, A leading producer & Director who also launched Shahrukh Khan. Session 2 was on Photography- it included motion photography & tips on DSLR & mobile photography. Session 3 was on video editing. Hands-on training on video editing was given to students by experienced professionals.
- A session on How to become an influencer was conducted on 21st July 2022 for students of SY & TYBAMMC students by Ms Shweta Salian, the session aimed at providing guidance & tips on how to become an Influencer.
- A session on the role of PR & the changing needs of the market post COVID -19 was arranged for students of BAMMC. FY< SY& TYBAMMC students on 15th Sept 2022.
- The students of BAMMC had a memorable Industrial Visit to NDTV studios, Karjat on 10th December 2022 . Students experienced realistic sets from famous shows like KBC and Movies.
- The Department of BAMMC had the Photography workshop for three days 19th,20th,24th of December 2022 in Association with Canon. Pritesh Rao from Pearl Academy was invited to teach amazing photography skills to the students.
- On 11th March 2023, a session on “Growth of Home Grown Brands in India was conducted by Mr Tanay Iyer, Founder- GameSage.
BFM Department: –
- A session on “Application of global technical analysis” was organized on 25th June 2022 by Mr Nitin Nachnani for BFM students in which they were introduced to the basic concepts of technical analysis.
- Acontinuation session on technical analysis was organized on 2nd July 2022 for BFM students by Dr. Praveen Mokashi where students were explained about the depth of technical analysis.
- An “Investors Awareness Programme” was conducted on 11th October 2022 by Ms. Reshma Verma and Ms. Daksha Gogia where they had explained about the importance of investments different avenues including mutual funds, do’s and don’ts while investing, current scenarios etc.
- On 1st February 2023, a live screening of the budget in the conference room was organized for BFM students.
- Students of FYBFM and TYBFM were taken for a visit to SEBI on 9th February 2023.
- Students of the BFM department through FINECO Club had come out with two issues of a magazine in which they gave the latest information, news and analysis of the finance world.
- A session on Working Of Derivatives Market was conducted on 15TH February 2023.The Guest Speaker was Mr. Nishad Banodkar. The session gave basic highlights of the derivative market operated in India.
MCOM :- The Department of M.Com has conducted an “ Intercollegiate Seminar on NET/SET” along with active involvement and participation by the members of The Student Council on 29 th January.
Swayam:- The college has been regularly promoting the concept of online learning and specially the advantage student community can get in terms of knowledge enhancement and overall development by enrolling in various courses being offered free of cost on Swayam.
WDC:- Many activities were organized by WDC to sensitize the staff and students to gender equality issues. Rakshabandhan festival was celebrated in association with National Association of Blind on 20th July 2022.
A session on Female Health and Hygiene was conducted on 12th September 2022.A panel discussion on Role of NEPin women empowerment was held on 2nd March 2023.
Sports:- Promotion of sports is a practice which MMK adheres to. The college was the host to the following sports events:
- 28th “VIDYA SAGAR” PRINCIPAL K.M KUNDNANI AND BARRISTER H.G.ADVANI MEMORIAL INTER-COLLEGIATE CHESS TOURNAMENT. 22nd & 23rd August 2022 84 students participated in this event from different institutes under the HSNC board.
- University of Mumbai Inter- Zonal Table Tennis Tournament. 6th & 7th September 2022 8 zones consisting of 40 players participated in this event.
- 7th Late Dr. L.H Hiranandani HSNC BOARD INTER COLLEGIATE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT-20th, 21st & 22nd September 2022 17 teams participated in the event.
- University Of Mumbai Inter-Collegiate Hockey Zone –II Tournament- 24th November 2022 4 teams participated in the boys category & 3 teams participated in the girls category.
- All India Universities (West Zone ) Inter-University Table Tennis Tournament for Women -21th to 24th December, 2022 52 universities from the west zone of India participated in this mega event.
- Annual Athletic Meet was held on 4th Feb 2023.
Our College Women hockey team won a gold medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Hockey Tournament 2022-23 held at Don Bosco, Matunga.
Our College Men hockey team won a silver medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Hockey Tournament 2022-23 held at Don Bosco, Matunga.
Our College Women football team won Bronze medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Football Tournament 2022-23 held University of Mumbai Sports Pavillion, Marine lines and Gold medal at 5th state level Intercollegiate Vishwanath Sports Meet 2022-23 held at MIT- ADTUniversity, Pune.
Our college basketball men’s team won a silver medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Basketball Men’s Tournament 2022-23 held at University of Mumbai, Kalina.
Our badminton women’s team won a bronze medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Badminton Women’s Tournament 2022-23 held at Andheri Sports Complex, Andheri.
Our chess women’s team won a silver medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Chess Women’s Tournament 2022-23 held at NES Ratnam College, Bhandup.
Our Lawn Tennis Men’s team won a silver medal at the University of Mumbai Intercollegiate Lawn Tennis Men’s Tournament 2022-23.
Our Badminton Girl team won a bronze medal at district level at DSO 2022-23.
Our Table Tennis Girls team won a gold medal at district level and qualified for State Level at DSO 2022-23.
Our Football Boys team won a silver medal at 7th Late Dr. L.H Hiranandani HSNC Board Intercollegiate Football Tournament.
We are profoundly grateful to everyone, especially our HSNC board Management and Trustees who have been our constant pillars of support. With our new motto of AtmaNirbhar MMK, we continue our journey together towards paving the path for quality enhancement and sustenance to provide a better future for the generations to come.
In the words of Dr.Abul Kalam Azad “Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.”
Prof.(Dr.) CAKishore S.Peshori